Shirodhara- What is it?
Do you know the therapeutic effects of hair massage? Well, it induces pleasure and makes you forget your worldly worries. This helps you in drifting off to sleep faster.
Shirodhara Massage in Sydney is a more relaxed and therapeutic head massage that can provide you with immense physical and mental benefits. So, if you are under the impression, that a head massage is great, Shirodhara is even better. In this, oil is dripped on the forehead, and a light massage is given at the end. And truth be told, it’s just as relaxing as it sounds.
Benefits of Shirodhara
This is an extensive therapy that is performed in a purpose-built setting with the help of specialized ingredients and techniques in order to maximize the health benefits. Let’s take a look at some of the major benefits that Shirodhara massage brings to the table.
- Activates Intuition: It is believed that Shirodhara Massage in Sydney can open the “third eye”, and that results in a heightened sense of mindfulness. Buddhists define it as complete awareness or spiritual awakening that enables a person to observe their painful experiences and past trauma from a different perspective, which was not accessible previously. Tapping into a different vantage gives them the willpower to move forward in life and not just that, it gives them mental clarity.
- Improves Sleep: Do you remember the last time you slept like a baby? Can’t recall, right? Now, don’t put the blame on your mattress or the weather for your inability to fall asleep. In most cases, it’s your hyperactive mind or an underlying neurological condition that is not letting you sleep. Shirodhara is considered a sleep-inducing therapy. But that does not in any way mean that it will lull you to sleep right away. Rather, it works in a sustainable manner. It works by calming your mind, relaxing your nerves, and thereby improving your night’s sleep.
- Reduces Stress: It’s a no-brainer that a head massage reduces stress and clears up your mind. And this is something that allows you to think and perform in a better way. However, Shirodhara Massage in Sydney is known to work at a deeper level than that. When performed on a daily basis, this therapy can help reduce chronic stress, and not just that, it can also help in overcoming past traumas. They also help in easing frustrations that may be due to family disputes or hindrances in career growth.Are things around you getting messy and chaotic? Shirodhara is a great escape to tranquillity.
- Shirodhara Benefits for Eyes: Do you feel a hurting sensation in your eyes? That might be due to extended screen time. Now, we just can’t say that stop using your devices. However, a short retreat can make up for your eyes’ strain throughout the day. This massage helps soothe your eyes.
- Pacifies Elevated Vata Dosha: Vata Dosha is characterized by air and ether. When in excess owing to compromised Agni, Vata dosha can give rise to various health concerns like constipation, anxiety, mild insomnia, cracking joints, and digestive disorders in general. Shirodhara Massage in Sydney can help pacify Vata Dosha and thereby get you back to a state of mind where you experience creativity, connection, and joy.
Shirodhara is performed on a purpose-built massage table. There is an oil-carrying container, also known as the Shirodhara pot, with a tiny hole at the base that is suspended over the table. There is a small built-in pit on the table that collects the excess oil falling from the head during the therapy.
Before the Shirodhara treatment, the Ayurvedic Doctor in Sydney performs a 10-minute gentle head massage in order to stimulate the nerve endings in the head.
In the first step, you need to lie on the table facing up. Keep your arms close to your body and take deep breaths as that will relieve muscle tension. You can also use a pillow to support the neck and thus make yourself comfortable during the massage.
Then, you need to make necessary arrangements in such a manner that the oil pours over your forehead from a height of 10-15 cm. You can fill the pot with the oil of your choice, and that would depend on the benefits that you want to seek from the treatment.
As the oil is being poured over your forehead, focus on your breath to relax your mind and enjoy the soothing sensation as the warm oil trickles through the scalp.
Post this, begins the lateral movement of the Shirodhara pot, covering the forehead from left to right.
Once the pot is fully drained, you can refill it with the oil collected in the pit. If you find that the oil is cold, you need to reheat it and thereby attain optimal temperature for Shirodhara therapy.
The process continues for 30 minutes, after which it is followed by a gentle head massage using fingertips.
While Shirodhara Massage in Sydney is an excellent way to de-stress and rejuvenate, you can also go for Panchakarma Shirodhara treatment, which is a combination of various therapies and runs for a couple of days. No matter whether you opt for a combination of independent Shirodhara treatment when you walk out of the therapy room of an Ayurvedic Doctor in Sydney, you feel relaxed and rejuvenated.
Also Read: Trying To Get Pregnant? Make Your Effort Fruitful With Steps