There are various ways to set up a Netgear WN3500RP extender. The three main methods have been mentioned in this post. Thus, walk through them and learn how you can perform the Netgear WN3500RP setup in a hassle-free manner.
Netgear WN350RP Setup via Web Browser
- Plug your extender into an electric socket.
- Use a computer and connect it with your range extender via an Ethernet cable and plug the cable into the Ethernet port of the extender.
- You can also make use of a wireless device such as a tablet or smartphone and connect it to the wireless network (SSID) NETGEAR_EXT.
- Once your device is connected, the LED light on the range extender will start blinking.
- Open a web browser (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari) and log in to www.mywifiext.net.
- A window will display. Click on the NEW EXTENDER SETUP button.
- Once you’re done with the setup, click NEXT.
Due to technical issues or poor connection, there are chances that you failed to log in and access www.mywifiext.net. No issues. In that case, reboot your device.
Netgear WN3500RP Setup via WPS Method
- The WN3500RP has the WPS feature which makes installation much easy.
- Plug the extender nearby your router into an electrical socket and wait for the power light (LED) to turn solid green.
- On the side panel of the extender, you can see the WPS button. All you need to do is push and hold it for about ten seconds and then release it.
- The light on your range extender will start blinking.
- After that, within two minutes press the WPS button on the access point or on the router.
- Once both of them get connected with each other, the LED light on the extender and the router will turn on.
Read more- Why Can’t I Do Arlo Ultra 2 Login?
Netgear WN3500RP Setup via Access Point
- Plug in the extender into the socket and wait for the power LED light to turn on.
- If you see that the power LED is still off, push the ON/OFF button on the other side of the extender.
- Look at your extender whether it is set to the Access Point or not.
- In order to connect your extender to the router, make use of an Ethernet cable and wire your extender to the LAN port of the router.
- Open the WiFi connection manager, which shows the list of your WiFi extender networks, and connect to the one to extend the range.
- After completing the above process, you will see is the extender setup page.
- If not, what you can do is pull up a web browser Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Internet Explorer and open mywifiext local or the IP address 192.168.1.250 in the address bar and hit Enter.
- Now, the new extender page displays after that you click on the button new extender setup.
- Fill in all the fields on the create account page.
- Click Next.
- If you failed to do this process, go to the access point button on your extender, set it once, and refresh the page.
- Hit on Continue after completing the above process.
- The extender will diagnose the enabled Internet connection from the router.
- Enter all the required fields followed by the Network name and password (security option).
- Click Next.
- Your extender is now ready to use as an Access Point.
- Connect the WiFi device to the new WiFi network (access point) and fill in all the details you entered, SSID, and password.
- Click on Continue. The displayed page says that you have created an access point successfully.
If you still failed to complete the setup process via the Netgear extender login credentials, what we are trying to explain to you manually, just come in contact with your fellow readers. They will help you with the same step-by-step, no matter how long will it takes in troubleshooting.
Also Read: Why Can’t I Do Arlo Ultra 2 Login?