Even after its emergence of more than two years, Covid-19 is infecting people and making them fall ill. If it occurs to you is mild to moderate, you need around 15-20 days to recover. You must have a Covid test in Delhi or your locality if you notice Covid-19 symptoms like sneezing, cough & cold, fever, or throat soreness.
Having a Covid test is crucial for you if you think you were exposed to Covid-19 but have no signs. You should take the test after 5 days of your exposure. It is important for you if you live in a high-risk zone and come in contact with a severely infected person. Here are some more points on Covid-19 tests:
Types of Covid-19 tests
Usually, the current world has two types of tests for people infected with the SARS-CoV-2 virus that causes Covid-19. To know whether you are infected or not, your options are:
- Viral tests – These look for the current infection with the virus, causing Covid-19. It is of two types – NAATS (PCR-based tests, usually done at a pathology lab) and Antigen tests (provide instant results, but are less reliable)
- Self-tests – It is a type of home test that you can take anywhere without visiting a testing site or lab. You can avail of such tests from government-authorized sites in your country.
How to choose a Covid test for you
Selecting a Covid test is essential for you for your safety and cure for Covid-19. Here are some circumstances with test types:
- NAAT or antigen tests if you had no Covid-19 or had no positive test in the last 90 days
- Antigen tests if you had a positive result for Covid-19 in the last 90 days with some symptoms
- No test is required if your test result was negative and you have no symptoms
- Antigen tests if your first test within 31-90 days of infection was positive and you have symptoms
After having a Covid test, your result could be positive or negative. If your test result is positive, you should:
- Isolate yourself and follow all the precautions such as wearing a face mask well
- Inform people who had close contact with you in the last few days or week
- Keep a close watch on your symptoms and ask for emergency help if your symptoms are getting worse or you have an emergency sign like a breathing issue
- Educate yourself on the available treatment options and consult a doctor soon if you think you should consult
If your Covid test result is negative, you:
- Do not worry. However, you should do other tests as per your doctor’s instructions and follow health precautionary steps if you have symptoms
- Should follow precautions if you do not have symptoms but were exposed to an infected person
- Continue your normal activities if you do not have symptoms and were not exposed to infection
Testing for antibodies
Serology or antibody tests examine the presence of antibodies in your blood that fight against the virus, causing Covid-19. Antibodies are usually proteins that your immune system produces after your exposure to infection. They help you stay safe from infection at certain times in the future. The effective time of an antibody differs from one person to another and the disease type & severity level.
Covid-19 has not completely gone or become endemic. From time to time, it comes into the news. A Covid test and having an idea about all associated points can help you make a wise decision.
Also Read: Pimple Problems You Didn’t Know About