Are you seeking a permanent cure for the hormonal imbalance in your body? Consider undertaking an ayurvedic treatment for hormonal imbalance!
Hormones are the body’s chemical messengers that help maintain the body’s mood, reproductive growth, metabolism, and temperature. Any imbalance in the hormones can have adverse effects on your mental, physical, and emotional health. So, it’s always advisable to find a natural and permanent solution to balancing hormones.
What are the causes of hormonal imbalance?
Several factors lead to hormonal imbalances in the body. The causes differ depending on the hormones or glands affected. Still, some of the common causes of hormonal imbalances include:
- Unhealthy Diet
- Eating Disorders
- Strong Medications
- Physical Stress
- Thyroid Imbalance
- Liver Dysfunction
- Blood Pressure Issues
- Environmental Toxins
- Unhealthy Lifestyle
- Gut Imbalance
- Nutrient Deficiency
- Lack of Rest or Sleep
What are the symptoms of hormonal imbalance?
There’s a wide range of signs and symptoms that can signal the presence of a hormonal imbalance in the body. Generally, anyone can experience a hormonal imbalance irrespective of gender and age. Imbalances can show in different ways in different individuals with some common signs being:
- Hair fall or loss
- Dry skin
- Unexplained weight gain or loss
- Unwanted hair growth
- Irregular periods
- Slow or rapid heartbeat
- Tingling sensation in hands
- Depression or anxiety
- Frequent urination
- Excessive thirst
These are some of the symptoms of hormonal imbalances in the body. If you experience one or more of these symptoms, consider booking an online ayurvedic consultation and getting it cured as early as possible.
What are the serious hormonal imbalances to be aware of?
Although there are numerous endocrine conditions that occur due to the excessive or too little production of hormones in the body, below are the serious hormonal imbalances that require medical attention.
- Adrenal insufficiency
- Hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Low testosterone and hypogonadism
What is Ayurveda’s approach to healing hormonal imbalances?
Ayurveda has a holistic approach to treating hormonal imbalances. And that’s why any ayurvedic treatment for hormonal imbalance is prescribed only after looking at the patient’s regular diet, lifestyle habits, exercise regime, and stressors. Ayurvedic ways of restoring hormonal imbalances include a few changes to lifestyle and the consumption of supplementary herbs.
Here are some herbal supplements that can help you cure your body’s hormonal imbalances naturally and permanently:
- Kalonji (Nigella Sativa): These tiny black seeds are rich in antioxidants that help regulate insulin and hormones like thyroid & testosterone in the body. They also contain thymoquinone, a highly effective property found in medicines for hormonal balance.
- Ashwagandha: It is a widely-used natural herb that is usually taken in the form of tea or root powder. It contains adaptogen properties that help stabilize the brain’s hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis.
- Black Cohosh Root: It is the root of the plant Nigella Sativa that helps restore hormonal imbalance during the menstrual period, premenstrual syndrome, and symptoms of menopause. Its incredible medicinal value makes it an ideal herbal supplement to improve several other functions of the body as well.
- Chaste Berry: It’s a herbal plant producing tiny berry-like fruits that help in relieving fertility and PCOS issues. It might also help relieve breast pain, lower increased levels of hormones that are associated with PMS, and improve symptoms related to menopause and reproductive health.
- Marjoram: An extremely useful ayurvedic herbal shrub, marjoram is used as a traditional medicine to treat various types of stress and PCOS. If consumed once a day along with tea, it can balance the levels of estradiol hormone, reduce fasting insulin hormone levels, and improve the overall health of the body.
Apart from including these supplementary herbs in your regular regime, you may follow the below-mentioned ayurvedic ways of treating hormonal imbalances.
- Yoga: Physical exercise like yoga pressurizes and depressurizes certain glands in the body. This further stimulates and balances several functions in the body. Yoga positions are particularly, highly effective in controlling the hormones generated by the thyroid and endocrine glands. Consider practicing yoga every day as it is the best ayurvedic treatment for hormonal imbalance!
- Meditation: It helps lower the levels of cortisol and adrenaline hormones in the body, which ultimately stabilizes blood pressure and heart rate for a short span. Meditation is the source of melatonin production – the hormone that regulates sleep and wake cycles. Thus, meditating at least once a day can help you increase the melatonin production in your body and get better sleep.
- Stress Management: Ayurveda always promotes stress-reduction techniques by encouraging people to spend time in nature, drink herbal tea infusions without caffeine, undertake oil massages, and so on. Following these measures can reduce the levels of cortisol hormones in the body and help you get enough sleep, which is essential for improved bodily functions.
Hopefully, this blog helped you learn a lot about ayurvedic ways of restoring hormonal imbalances. Of course, you may follow any of these herbal measures to treat your body’s hormonal imbalances naturally. Still, it would be better if you consult an ayurvedic doctor before taking up any ayurvedic treatment for hormonal imbalance. Even an online ayurvedic consultation would be fine!